Sunday, December 6, 2009

Windows 7 versus Mac pricing

I looked at Mac and PC laptops the other day with my wife, and Windows 7 looks much improved. I'm going to go back to Best Buy and play with it some more.

The coolest part I've seen is that it includes Windows Media Center. That seems really nice if you have a desktop/tower pc, or would be really cool if you could wirelessly access your cable tv from your laptop. Either one, that's definitely one thing OS X does not have by default. You have to get the Apple TV product for anything like that.

The PC prices really are much lower than the Mac prices. I'm going to do some research on this, but it really is shocking at the low end. One company had a deal where you can get a tower, a laptop, and a netbook for $1,200.

Apple really does not compete on the low end.